So it looks like this blog is going to be magically transformed into a Walt Disney World Summer Work experience blog!!! I applied for the 2013 summer program in the summer of 2012 and last night i got the all important email to tell me that I got a job at Quick Service Food and Beverage (QSF+B). I start on June 3rd !!!! Excited doesn't even cover it!!
I know a lot of blogs get written about this but I have found them really interesting and helpful and I also want to try and keep this as a diary for myself and my family and friends too.
So first lets go back in time .....
So I got an email on the 28th of September to tell me that i had got through to the first round of interviews. I go to uni in Edinburgh and luckily there was interviews set up in Edinburgh so I didn't have to travel too far. Firstly we watched a presentation which was mostly information I had read on the Disney international programme website. It still managed to get us all giddy like kids and even more desperate to get through to the next round. We then had our group interviews, we were put into several groups of about 10 people and we were asked questions like what Disney character we would like to be and why? The whole interview was pretty relaxed and everyone was so friendly; it was nice to be with a group of people who genuinely wanted to be there and all really cared about this job. Other questions included which roles we wanted, why we wanted to work for Disney , and how we felt about living with people from different cultures etc. I had never done a group interview before so I was pretty nervous but it went well as far as I could tell. We were told that we would get emails the next day to find out if we were through to the next round!!!
After a day of refreshing my emails every five minutes i finally got the email!! I was through to the next round of interviews in London at Disney headquarters in Fulham !!! We were given a check-list of all the different form and things we need to take with us! It also turned out that two of my friends from Newcastle had also got through so we booked our trains and accommodation and headed to London Baby!!!!!!!!!!
No comments
Post a Comment