Thursday, 10 October 2013

Estée Lauder doublewear foundation review

Soooo today I went to get my make up done at Estée Lauder.  To be honest I was expecting a slightly more exciting look but really I just got a chat about skin care and foundation. As underwhelming as the whole experience was it worked I came away with a make up remover cleanser and new found belief in Estée Lauder foundation.  I am actually a bit annoyed as well as it has made me doubt my current foundation ( bare minerals matte in fairly medium).





The above shots were taken several hours after the foundation was applied and I was really surprised about how good the coverage was. My skin normal feels oily around my chin later on in the day but as you can see here Estée is holding her own.  Now I must say I am wearing a primer underneath which I think could be doing a lot of the work here in terms of keeping a matte finish to my skin.  

I'm wearing double wear 2c3 fresco and matte perfecting primer 

Here I am again after at least 8 or 9 hours of wear,  the lighting is not daylight which is why I look so pink. You can see that other than a bit of shine on my forehead my skin is still looking matte and this is without powdering my foundation which I would normally do.

Overall I am really impressed with this foundation. It has a higher coverage than my bare minerals foundation so I like the Idea of using my bare minerals on a day to day basis and then using the Double wear for nights out or for occasions where I want a more finished glam look.

What are your favourite high coverage foundations? Are you a big Estée Lauder fan? Do you use double wear? Let me know I'd love to hear from you 

Xoxoxo MissMatched  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig