Monday, 24 February 2014

Hero product post #1 Lipcote

Lipcote Lipcote Lipcote !!!!

I seriously can't get enough of the stuff! Well that's actually a  lie because I think that whole everything in moderation thing definitely applies here!

So my discovery of this absolute HERO of a product started back in my university days.  I'm the kind of girl that figured out how to put my make up on using YouTube.  I must have spent hours in front of my computer screen, waiting for our crappy internet to load up videos.   Teaching me how to do just about everything to my face, using my boots budget products and my few little specials from the haven we know as MAC.  Buying Mac products also gave me an excuse to wonder around in awe at all the beauties of Harvey Nichols.  Trying to pretend I could afford things and occasionally splashing out on eyeshadows in all the colours of the Macrainbow (yep I just invented a new word Macrainbow, say it quickly and it sounds legit ).

Anyway I think I can say that I got pretty good at the eye make up thing; I mastered the liquid liner flick and then progressed onto gel liner.  I figured out how to contour in my wannabe Kim K cheekbones,  I figured out brows .  But the lips , the lips always evaded me.!!!

These make up tutorials were/are all good and fine, I would do my make up and then leave to go out , to uni, for dinner(not very often I am still referring to the student days after all) or most often then not for a night out.  all of these activities, most specifically the later required me to drink , eat , sing, dance and often smush sloppy kisses on the cheeks of my long suffering friends (What can I say we all get more affectionate after a few , don't we?)  Therefore I had little time for reapplying make up "topping up lipgloss" or "powdering my nose" (why do people say that its not my nose that needs powdering, it's my greasy forehead i'll have you know!).

Therefore most of my make up looks are based on the idea that they will last all day or night.  You know what it's like when you look through the photos from the night before or worse you see the ones  on the Facebook page of whichever club you partied in.  You are already mortified by what you are doing, which dance move you clearly though was hilarious , or how the outfit you chose was really not so flattering on camera. You don't need to be looking at your ugly mug thinking 'Oh goodness why on earth didn't I powder my nose/forehead' or worse 'oh my lipstick is smudged all over my face, FANTASTIC!'.

I'm getting to point I promise !

I stayed away from lipsticks as I couldn't be arsed with the upkeep and I often go with either all eyes or all lips (which is the face equivalent of cleavage or legs, my mother always says it's one or the other if you get them both out then it looks cheap, she's a wise woman!!)  BUT ! I was reading a Marion keys book which featured my very conundrum as some sort of subplot, this woman was always searching for a lipstick that stayed in place!  And all of a sudden brainwave, the dots connected, the lightbulb flashed LIPCOTE!!! For years I had seen the adverts in the back of magazines ( you know the ones! the ones for sarongs, bras to make your breast grow, pelvic toners?? and of course LIPCOTE)  so off i trotted to boots armed with hope and my advantage card and discovered the wonder of Lipcote!!

All of a sudden my lipstick collection multiplied tenfold!!(what does tenfold actually mean??)  Now that's not to say I don't use a lip pencil because for me it's as important as my Mac paint pot primer AKA DEAD IMPORTANT VITAL EVEN!! But Lipcote is a saviour for me ! My lipstick barely leaves a mark on my glass and it most definitely lasts All Night Long , All Night, All Night!!(sing it with me guys!)

In conclusion !
If you have a similar issue then I urge you to invest in Lipcote.  Now I wouldn't use it everyday because it does dry your lips out and I am sceptical about what exactly is in it? Nevertheless it WORKS for me.  It's best for a matte lipstick and and lets be generous with it but other than that it's a winner for me and a Hero product indeed!!

Here are the pics to prove it!  
 Above: Just applied lipstick and lipcote10am
 Mac lip liner in Brick and Mac Ruby Woo lipstick and Lipcote
 FYI Lipcote is a clear liquid mine has seen better days to say the least
    Several hours later.....

Oh and one last thing! you can get Lipcote online or at Boots , it's in the aisle where the false lashes and make up brushes or nail varnish is :)

Let me know if you are a fan of Lipcote or if you have an alternative product !

XOXO MissMatched


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig