Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Hero product post #3 Real techniques Brushes

Real Techniques Brushes

Well I don't really know what to say about these little gems , don't you just love them!!

I supose because I use them everyday I have I'm starting to forget what my make up application was like before them.  BRT (before Real Techniques) I , like many of you had a sort weird and random assortment of brushes.  I had two Mac brushes ; a 217 (OF COURSE) and a foundation brush, which i have had for so long that the number has worn off but it's the racoon looking one (you know the one , right?).  The rest of my brushes were just little random no7 ones or ones i had gotten free with magazines or inside make up palettes, nothing too fancy.

The pixiwoo girls changed all that, not only did they come up with a new product , but they made them all match in pretty colours, they came in sets so you got all the little fiddley brushes that you probably wouldn't have gone out of your way to buy.  Not only that but they sold them in Boots which means they are available to just about everyone, and they sold them at a very reasonable  price and at a high quality!  To top it all off they released videos telling you how to use each brush and all the different multitasking each brush could be used for.  How fantastic is that!

I,like most pixiwoo fans rushed out to buy the brushes, partly because I wanted to support the pixiwoo /Real Technique brand and I was very pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the brushes.  I went from a few old nasty brushes to every brush a girl could need or dream of.  When you think of what was actually available before these girls spotted this gap in the market it begs the question why did it take this long?  Why could you only buy high end brushes in fancy department stores or cheap crappy brushes on the high street ? There was no middle ground ... and then there was Real Techniques!!

My favourite brushes include

The blush brush
It's just so soft and pretty and the perfect shape for lightly dusting on your blush.


The contour brush ( part of the core collection)
Because I LOVE a good contour , I have little to work with in the cheekbone department and yes sometimes I get a bit carried away with it but I do love to make Like Kim K and sculpt in some bone structure. (I also love the word Sculpt )

The Expert face brush
This is my most recent addition to the RT family and although I have only used it a handful of times I'm loving it so far!



So thanks Sam and Nic (first name basis, I wish) you have dramatically changed my make up collection for the better!!

xoxo
MissMatched

  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig