Tuesday, 8 October 2013

My skin care picks


Well there is a lot to be said on skin care but I often think there is not enough said on what's out there for those of us with oily skin.  Why is that I wonder ? Is oily skin any more weird or non-glamourous than dry skin? I feel like people are constantly telling us to drink water and not eat greasy food , that we should all moisturise and that if we follow these rules we will miraculously look like a supermodel with flawless skin.  

We'll I have news for you honey I've tried all the above ,and below, and so far I have found no magic cure!

But I have tried and tested some skin care options which I have reviewed below ....
 First up its Clinique anti blemish solutions

Clinique are known first and foremost for their skin care so it's a brand that we trust with our faces possibly more so than any other cosmetic brand.  They are long standing and the white lab coats (which obviously mean science !!) are a nice touch and representation of the brand image.

Clinique do a foaming cleanser toner and moisturiser as well as various other anti blemish products.  I used this line for several years and for the most part I was happy with the results but I moved onto something different after getting frustrated with paying a large amount of money and still getting blemishes.  I think these products are good as they taught me about looking after my skin, but they are expensive.

Next up I tried something a lot stronger .....

PanOxyl or Oxy10 are products which can only be bought over the counter.  I first used the cream which I would apply followed by some moisturiser or primer and then my foundation.  This stuff is good; it dries and keeps skin forensically clean and I'm not going to lie I ranted and raved to my friends ,and anyone who would listen, about this product.  I was very happy with the results but it is so strong that I worried about what it was actually doing to my skin. It can bleach your sheets or clothes and you have to be very carefull not to get it on or in your mouth or eyes.  There is some sort of manufacturing problem with it as far as I know it's very difficult to get a hold of but I managed to find this face wash version in a drug store in America.  

My current faves in the skin care world are all about The Body Shop





So far so good 
I'm loving this whole range at the moment really really loving it.  That doesn't mean I won't change my mind and it certainly doesn't mean it's a miracle cure.  But for now and for me it's a winner.  It smells lovely, tea tree is lush , for me it cleans tones and moisturises whilst keeping the oil at bay. I must admit that ocassionally it is a little too drying but some exfoliation and light moisturiser sorts that out no bother. Overall a big hit!!!

What do you think does anyone else have any suggestions ? Have you tried any of these products? I would love to know if there are any other big skin care hits for those of us with skin with a bit of a sheen to it!! 

Xoxoxo 
MissMatchedSocks91  

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I used to love the tea tree collection from the body shop! Haven't used any in awhile though.. I need to look into it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love body shop! x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig