Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Hero product post #2 Benefit browzings!




Benefit brow zings




So we know eyebrows are a somewhat controversial issue. The scouse brows and to be honest a fair amount of Geordie brows have taken it a step to far but I would argue that we all need a bit of brow in our life.  Just imagine your face without them ...go on do it...yeah see what i mean!  So why did the brow trend come back into fashion I call up three main culprits: 

The Kate Middleton brow (classic, quite straight, natural and dark)
There's the famous Kardashian Brows (sculpted, strong, and dark
And then of course there's Cara Delevigne (strong, thick, often quite unruly and dark)

What do all of these beauties and their brows have in common ? 
Well probably not that much really other than their DARK brows.  Yes they are all Beautiful women their make up and style while vastly different is all flawless and highly thought of in the fashion world.  However just because they have dark brows doesn't mean you should too!!

Personally I feel my brows have had some high points and some low points.  Flicking through my Facebook pictures I can see just how important they are in finishing your look.  There was the time in high school where I tried to shave the middle part instead of tweezing (as Julia Roberts said in Pretty Woman 'BIG MISTAKE , HUGE!')  There was the time I got them threaded and they were far to short and skinny (Always look at the brows of the woman coming towards you with that thread in her mouth, if hers are barley there then be prepared to loose yours too).  Then there was my discovery of brow products where I inevitably got rather over excited and they were far too Cara, and not in a good way!!

When I was first informed by whichever magazine it was that "Brows are in!!" I bought a Lancome eyebrow pencil which was great, especially when just getting used to seeing myself with a half decent set of brows on my face.  You know when you first try a bright lipstick, or the first time you tried on skinny jeans and you get a bit of a shock. Then there's that awkward thing where everyone compliments your new look and you think 'are they just saying that because they can't stop staring at this lipstick I don't suit, or my giant thighs in these jeans?  Are they just complimenting me as a justification for their staring at how hideous I look??!!'

So the brow pencil was good, but after watching various YouTube videos on how to 'do your brows' I was introduced to using shadow to fill in the gaps.  So once again I dashed off to Boots and hovered around the Benefit counter until I was pounced on by a Benefit Babe.  She did all of my make and sold me a load of stuff I probably didn't need but with it the brow zings was in my basket and forever  my brows where changed.
Above: see my rather worn out Benefit brow zings palette -much loved


Now sometimes I use the powder , sometimes I use the wax some times both and sometimes I use a little brow mascara too!  It's completely up to you, but whatever you do keep them natural because there's nothing worse than being overshadowed by your own eyebrows!!! (thats a lie there are plenty of worse things in the world but in the realm of this blog post we shall overlook the rest)

Above: rather grubby looking but still does the job , those sausages on the right are my fingers which I just smudged into the product.

As for the product itself , I love that this comes in different shades and it's one of those products which gives you options and the chance to build up the colour or keep it light. The packaging is neat and classic and it comes with a teeny tiny pair of tweezers.  What more do you want!!!

What brow products do you love? Have you found something better?
Let me know!

xoxo
MissMatched   
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have a Sleek brow kit but I want to try this!!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohh I've always wanted to try the sleek one, i always forget about sleek because i'm hardly ever in super drug! I have had many a fine eyeshadow palette from there!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig